District English Learner Advisory Committee
Each California public school district, grades kindergarten through 12, with 51 or more English learners must form a District-level English Learner Advisory Committee (DELAC) or subcommittee of an existing district-wide advisory committee.
The purpose of the DELAC, or subcommittee on English learner education, is to advise the district’s local governing board (e.g., in person, by letters/reports) on programs and services for English learners.
The DELAC shall be responsible for advising the district's local governing board on the following tasks:
- Development or revision of a district master plan of education programs and services for English learners, taking into consideration the Single School Plan for Student Achievement.
- Conducting a district-wide needs assessment on a school-by-school basis
- Establishment of district programs, goals, and objectives for programs and services for English learners (e.g., parental exception waivers and funding).
- Development of a plan to ensure compliance with any applicable teacher and instructional aide requirements
- Administration of the annual language census (e.g., procedures and forms).
- Review and comment on the district's reclassification procedures.
- Review and comment on the written notifications required to be sent to parents and guardians.
Parents or guardians of English learners not employed by the district must constitute a majority membership (51 percent or more) of the committee.
Meeting Dates 2022-2023
October 24, 2022
January 23, 2023
March 6, 2023
May 8, 2023
All meetings will be held at the ESC Board Room and will begin at 3:30 p.m.