Nutrition Services Dept.
1502 I Street Office hours: 7:00 am to 4:00 pm
Reedley CA 93654
The KCUSD Nutrition Services Department participates in the National School Lunch (NSLP) and School Breakfast programs and provides nutritious meals - breakfast, lunch, and afterschool snacks, to all school sites. All meals meet the USDA regulations and requirements and are offered to all students at NO CHARGE.
All staff members are certified food handlers through the Serve Safe/HACCP guidelines.
CONGRATULATIONS to 5 eligible elementary sites for receiving the Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Grant program awards! For more detailed information please visit our Fresh Fruit and Vegetable page.
Shaun L. Rodriguez - Director of Food Service, Purchasing and Warehouse
Nutrition Services -
- Manages and oversees the day-to-day operation for 12 site kitchens, 2 snack bars, and 7 satellite serving sites
- Manages 65+ professional staff
Cristal Cardenas - Nutritionist
* Develop and/or revise menus and recipes
* Produce monthly production worksheets for all sites
* Monitor and oversee special diet/meal accommodations
Emma Gomez - Accounting Assistant/Purchasing Technician
- Processes all kitchen orders for food and supplies
- Purchases food for all site kitchens/meals
- Processes department Accounts Payable
- Creates department Purchase Orders
Alison Haynes - Accounting Technician
- Process and submits the National School Lunch and School Breakfast monthly claim for Federal and State reimbursement for meals; breakfast, lunch, and afterschool snacks
- Processes and submits monthly Fresh Fruit & Vegetable Claim for reimbursement.
- Processes/balances bank statements and cash receipts
Theresa Salcido - Secretary
- Handles incoming calls, guests, and questions
- Coordinates department and Director's calendar
- Assists in many other areas as requested