Food Service Department
1502 I Street
Reedley CA 93654
Office hours: 7:00 am to 4:00 pm
The KCUSD Food Service Department participates in the National School Lunch (NSLP) and School Breakfast programs and provides nutritious meals - breakfast, lunch, and afterschool snacks, to all school sites. All meals meet the USDA regulations and requirements and are offered to all students at NO CHARGE.
Shaun L. Rodriguez - Director of Food Service, Purchasing and Warehouse
- Manages and oversees the day-to-day operation for 12 site kitchens, 2 snack bars, and 7 satellite serving sites
- Manages 65+ professional staff
Cristal Cardenas - Nutritionist
* Develop and/or revise menus and recipes
* Produce monthly production worksheets for all sites
* Monitor and oversee special diet/meal accommodations
Emma Gomez - Accounting Assistant/Purchasing Technician
- Processes all kitchen orders for food and supplies
- Purchases food for all site kitchens/meals
- Processes department Accounts Payable
- Creates department Purchase Orders
Alison Haynes - Accounting Technician
- Process and submits the National School Lunch and School Breakfast monthly claim for Federal and State reimbursement for meals; breakfast, lunch, and afterschool snacks
- Processes and submits monthly Fresh Fruit & Vegetable Claim for reimbursement.
- Processes/balances bank statements and cash receipts
Moises Hernandez - Maintenance and Crafts
- Repair and maintain all site kitchen equipment and appliances.
- Preventive maintenance on all site kitchen equipment and appliances.
- Install all new equipment and appliances
Theresa Salcido - Secretary
- Handles incoming calls, guests, and questions
- Coordinates department and Director's calendar
- Assists in many other areas as requested