PLEASE NOTE DUE TO PRECAUTIONS RELATED TO PREVENTING THE SPREAD OF COVID-19, KINDERGARTEN REGISTRATION AT SCHOOL SITES HAS BEEN POSTPONED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE. THANK YOU FOR YOUR UNDERSTANDING. You may complete the online registration form, however, school offices will be unable to complete the registration process at this time.
We are excited that you have chosen to enroll your child at one of KCUSD's outstanding schools! Our hope is to make the kindergarten registration process as efficient as possible for you. Below please find steps to help with the registration process.
1 - Fill out the kindergarten registration form
or you may complete a paper registration packet in your child's school office.
3 - Gather the required documents below and bring them with you when you register your child.
A. Verification of Birthdate (any 1 of the following, preferred in this order)
1. Birth Certificate
2. Certificate of Live Birth
3. Baptismal Record
4. Current Passport
B. Proof of Residency (any 2 of the following, preferred in this order)
- Current Utilities Bill (gas, electric, water, propane, trash; not telephone) *Note that PGE will FAX verification of new service if you have a parent call them, and give them the school site FAX number.
- Homeowners Mortgage Statement or Rental Agreement *Note not rental receipt
- Current Welfare Check Notice of Action
- Affidavit of Residency, Notarized *Note that if this is used, 2 additional pieces of evidence named above still need to be presented, which can be in either of the parties’ names – owner or live-in – listed on the affidavit
Driver’s License is not an acceptable proof of residence.
C. Immunization Record as follows:
- Polio (Four doses) *Three doses meet the requirement for ages 4-6 if at least one was given on or after the 4th birthday
- Diphtheria, Pertussis, Tetanus – DPT (Five doses) *Four doses meet the requirement for ages 4-6 if at least one was on or after the 4th birthday
- For 7th grade students: Pertussis booster shot (Tdap booster shot, on or after 7th birthday)
- Hepatitis B (Three doses)
- Measles, Mumps, Rubella – MMR (Two doses must both be on or after 1st birthday)
- Varicella (Two doses) or health care provider-documented Varicella disease or immunity
- Tuberculosis Risk Assessment (form will be completed at the school site during registration)
D. Foster Children/Group Home Students:
Contact Social Worker Stephanie Villasenor at (559)305-7350 or email@example.com particularly if insufficient documentation