We are excited that you have chosen to enroll your child
at one of KCUSD's outstanding schools!
Please read below for important information about enrolling your child in Transitional Kindergarten or Kindergarten. Our hope is to make the registration process as efficient as possible for you.
Transitional Kindergarten students must turn five years old between September 2, 2021 and December 2, 2021.
Kindergarten students must turn five years old on or before September 1, 2021.
REGISTRATION IS A MULTI-STEP PROCESS
The online portal will open:
- Tuesday, March 9, 2021 for Dunlap and Reedley area schools
- Tuesday, March 16, 2021 for Orange Cove area schools
After completing the online registration form, you will be prompted to schedule an appointment time at your home school to drop off all required documents. The registration process is not complete until this appointment has taken place.
If you need access to a computer to complete the registration process, please contact your home school.
STEP 3 - Attend your scheduled appointment in person at your home school.
To ensure the safety of all, when attending your meeting, please:
- Wear a mask.
- Do not bring children with you unless directed otherwise by your school.
- Practice proper social distancing.
Bring the required documents below to your registration appointment.
A. Verification of Birthdate (any 1 of the following, preferred in this order)
- Birth Certificate
- Baptismal Record
- Current Passport
B. Proof of Residency (any 2 of the following, preferred in this order)
Driver’s License is not an acceptable proof of residence.
- Current Utilities Bill (gas, electric, water, propane, trash; not telephone)
- Homeowners Mortgage Statement or Rental Agreement *Note not rental receipt
- Current Welfare Check Notice of Action
- Affidavit of Residency, Notarized *Note that if this is used, 2 additional pieces of evidence named above still need to be presented, which can be in either of the parties’ names – owner or live-in – listed on the affidavit
C. Immunization Record (must be current and show the following:)
- Polio (Four doses) *Three doses meet the requirement for ages 4-6 if at least one was given on or after the 4th birthday
- Diphtheria, Pertussis, Tetanus (DPT) (Five doses) *Four doses meet the requirement for ages 4-6 if at least one was on or after the 4th birthday
- Hepatitis B (Three doses)
- Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR) *Two doses must both be on or after 1st birthday
- Varicella *Two doses or health care provider-documented Varicella disease or immunity
- Tuberculosis Risk Assessment (form will be completed at the school site during registration)
- For 7th grade students: Pertussis booster shot (Tdap booster shot, on or after 7th birthday)
Foster Children/Group Home Students: Contact Social Worker Stephanie Villasenor at (559)305-7350 or firstname.lastname@example.org