Return to School Safety Protocols
August 9, 2021
*subject to change
KCUSD continues to follow the guidance of state and local health officials.
Please see current safety protocols below:
- Students will attend school daily.
- Current health and safety protocols allow schools to relax physical distancing requirements.
- Students experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms should stay home. Please call your school site.
- All students, staff, and visitors are required to wear a face-covering while indoors.
- Face coverings are optional outdoors for students, staff, and visitors.
- Ventilation will be enhanced with newly installed ionized filtration systems.
- Windows and doors will be open to improve air flow.
- Frequently touched surfaces will continue to be disinfected.
- Touchless appliances have been installed in school restrooms and classrooms.
- Students are asked to bring a water bottle daily.
- Students will continue to be taught handwashing skills.
- Hand sanitizer will continue to be available throughout the day.
Visitors will continue to be limited.
Daily Health Screenings are not required at this time.
If you have any questions, please contact your school office.